Baked Feta Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
The food trend taking over Tiktok and beyond? An oven baked tomato feta pasta.
Originally a cheese-tactic recipe, we’ve given this a Soulful twist and made it friendly for those following a plant-based or lactose free diet.
We love how little washing up it creates, and how easy it is to make.
You can prepare this pasta dish in advance by prepping all of the ingredients in a baking dish and covering until you’re ready to bake. Another great way to save time and food waste is to use leftover cooked pasta. it cuts down the cooking time and really gives your leftovers a face lift.
- 1 package cherry tomatoes (roughly 1300g)
- 1 block Violife vegan feta cheese (roughly 200g)
- 3–4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed or minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano, or italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 225g pasta of choice
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- lemon zest to taste
- red chili flakes
- other herbs of choice
- Preheat your oven to 180C In an 8×11″ baking dish, add whole cherry tomatoes and garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- In the centre of the dish, add your vegan feta cheese block. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are juicy and ready to burst. Meanwhile, prepare your pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Remove the dish from the oven and using a spoon or spatula, crush the tomatoes and feta and stir to create your sauce base. Toss cooked pasta into the dish along with fresh basil and stir to coat.
Let us know how you got on making our viral TikTok baked feta pasta recipe via Instagram