Emily Mariko is the queen of recipes online and she makes the best kale chips.
Forget the kale recipes you’ve tried before because these kale chips make a perfect healthy snack and easily satisfy any salty or savoury craving. They’re light, crispy, nutrient-dense and very easy to make.
Kale is loaded with antioxidants as a leafy green and contains nearly 5 times as much vitamin C as spinach. It’s also one of the best sources of vitamin K1. Needless to say, it’s a nutrient and vitamin powerhouse.
Kale chips are really easy to make, but there are some important tips that I’ll share with you below. Here are the basic steps:
- Wash the kale and thoroughly dry it
- Remove the kale leaves from the stem.
- Tear the kale into larger bite-sized pieces.
- Massage the kale with the olive oil until well coated.
- Lay the kale flat on a baking sheet and bake at 180C for 6-10 minutes.
- 4 kale, stalks - we used cavolo nero kale, but you can use curly kale if you wish
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- A couple of pinches of rough sea salt
- A couple of pinches of demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale. Remove the kale leaves from the stems and then tear into pieces. Place the torn kale into a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, sea salt and demerara sugar to the mixing bowl and gently massage the kale until all pieces are lightly coated in oil.
- Lay the kale in one single layer on a baking tray and cook for 6 minutes, then rotate the pan. Cook for an additional 2-6 minutes, checking every minute or two to ensure it's not burning.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, let cool for 3-5 minutes, then enjoy.
Enjoy as a healthy snack, or Lottie in our team has it as part of a roast!
Let us know how you got on making our sweet & salty kale chip recipe via Instagram