We firmly believe that pancakes are for life, not just for Shrove Tuesday.
But with that being said, pancake day is one of our favourite days of the year.
These vegan pancakes are not only super easy, they're super tasty and fluffy 🤤 and they're perfect for a flippin' good weekend brunch.
You could even make these delicious plant-based pancakes ahead of time and heat them up ready for when you want them.
Here's what you'll need for 16 pancakes... How many that serves is up to you, but we reckon it serves 3-4.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 400ml plant-based milk (we like oat)
- 1 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil for cooking
Toppings (optional): Golden syrup, coconut yoghurt, fruit, peanut butter, crushed biscoff biscuits
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in a bowl using a balloon whisk until mixed. Slowly pour in the milk until you get a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat a little of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat, and add 2 tbsp batter into the pan at a time to make small, round pancakes. You will need to do this in batches of two-three at a time. Cook for 3-4 mins until the edges are set, and bubbles are appearing on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 mins until golden on both sides and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve stacked with lots of toppings of your choice.
We want to see you stack 'em high!
Why not tee up your pancakes with a quick and easy vegan meal? You can order our super easy vegan OnePot meals to be delivered to you anywhere in the UK*. The ultimate in convenience. Delivery is free on orders over £34.99. You can also pick them up in Tesco, Co-op and Ocado.