Vegan Courgette Fritter Recipe
We really rather like the humble courgette - it’s packed with vitamins and minerals including potassium, which can help regulate water balance, muscle contractions and nerve signals.
As courgette season draws to a close (just call us Alan Titchmarsh!), we’ve got the ultimate courgette recipe to share with you.
With all those super health benefits why not introduce more courgette into your diet with our Courgette Fritter recipe?
This recipe is super easy and super tasty. We think it goes great with our Moroccan Tagine OnePot , or you can just serve it with chilli jam or some smashed avocado and grilled tomatoes!
- 500g raw courgettes, grated.
- 1tsp sea salt
- 125g plain flour (can use gluten-free flour if preferred)
- 15g nutritional yeast (2 tbsp).
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 x spring onions, finely chopped
- 50g vegan butter (or margarine).
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for cooking).
- Grate the courgette into a large mixing bowl & sprinkle over the salt – leave for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the courgette with clean hands, removing excess water. Add the squeezed courgette into a new mixing bowl, adding the flour, baking powder, garlic, spring onions, nutritional yeast and mix together.
- Add melted vegan butter into the courgette mixture & mix to create a thick batter.
- Preheat the oven to @180 degrees. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on a medium/high heat. Add equal 2 tbsp of the batter into the frying pan, flatten with a spatula. Let it cook for a few minutes before flipping. Once cooked, add to the oven to keep warm whilst you cook the rest.
- Enjoy with smashed avocado & grilled tomatoes for the ultimate brunch!
Tell us how you got on
Make sure you post your attempt at this fantastic dish on your Instagram and tag us @soulfulfoodco