We’ve put together three Tex-Mex recipes for a Soulful Summer using our tasty OnePots
The third, but by certainly no means last, in our Tex-Mex trio is our Soulful Cajun Jackfruit Tacos.
Crunchy, fiery with tasty tomato, thyme & oregano, you've got to give this one a go.
250g cooked rice
1 x onion, chopped
2 x bell peppers
1 tsp x smoked paprika
1 x Soulful Cajun Spiced Jackfruit with British Spelt OnePot
10-12 x crunchy taco shells
- Salsa (either bought or your own!)
- Shredded lettuce (for this we like iceberg for the crunch!)
- Vegan sour cream (we like this one)
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies, seeds removed and chopped (optional)
- Vegan cheese (our fave is Violife)
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh lime
- Cook your rice, or if you're lazy like us, use a microwavable pouch and heat up in the microwave whilst the peppers are cooking.
- Slice up your onions and peppers, and add to a frying pan with oil, salt & pepper and the paprika. Fry until soft.
- Heat up your Soulful Cajun Spiced Jackfruit with British Spelt OnePot in the microwave, following the instructions on the pack, or in a saucepan on the hob.
- Once the ingredients are warmed, you can start to assemble!
- Holding your taco shell very carefully, start by layering your lettuce (this stops the taco shell getting wet and soggy), then add a layer of rice, of one pot and then go wild on your toppings- don't forget the squeeze of lime!
- Tuck in! Repeat with the remaining ingredients, serving as you go.
We want to see how you get on!
Send us pictures of what you make on Instagram, @soulfulfoodco.