Easy Vegan Winter Slaw Recipe
Thought coleslaw was only for summer BBQs?
This delicious fermented slaw is made from seasonal vegetables & packs a nutrient punch.
It tastes good with just about everything and is the perfect accompaniment to one of our OnePots!
•1 x red cabbage
•1 x large carrot
•1 x small red onion
•5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
•1 tsp rock salt
•1 tbsp garlic paste
•1 tbsp ginger paste
•1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Optional extras: pomegranate seeds, orange segments
1) Chop the red cabbage, red onion & carrot into small chunks and add to a large lass jar that has been sterilised.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk the apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, extra virgin olive oil and salt together.
3) Pour into the jar, seal & shake well until all vegetable mixture is evenly covered.
4) Chill in the fridge – tastes best after a few days or so when it has started to ferment. Add extra apple cider vinegar if the liquid doesn’t cover all the veg mixture and give it a shake every few days.
5) Add any extras when serving
This slaw will last for a month or you can continue to top up with veg or dressing as you go.
This slaw can be a great addition if you want a little extra with your OnePot. You can always order our super easy vegan OnePot meals to be delivered to you anywhere in the UK*. The ultimate in convenience. Delivery is free on orders over £34.99. You can also pick them up in Tesco, Co-op and Ocado.
More from: gut health recipe